Our client is a highly regarded Regulatory Consultancy
They are seeking a Senior Procurement Manager (SME) to assist clients understand how technology can drive business performance. You will be responsible for developing the Procurement Technology delivery capability and driving strategy through large-scale Procurement transformation.
You will be the ‘go to’ person Procurement technology and play a key role in the growing of propositions to sell and deliver large programmes.
You’ll have a proven track record of helping clients reach their desired outcomes. On the technical side, you’ll need a thorough understanding of the Procurement technology landscape including solutions such as Coupa, SAP Ariba, Jaggaer, Oracle and /or Ivalua.
You will be responsible for delivering and managing large-scale and high-profile digital procurement engagements for FTSE/blue chip organisations, as well as playing a leading role in driving sales/business development activity.
Other duties will include
- Assessment of a client’s existing procurement capability against leading practice, identifying improvement areas across people, process and technology
- Providing insight on the procurement technology market across Source to Pay, Supply Management, Analytics, Category Management and Supplier Risk Management
- Helping clients to develop a digital strategy for Procurement that leverages cloud-based Source to Pay technology, advanced analytics, collaborative category management technology, robotics process automation and AI solutions
- Building technology roadmaps that drive speed to value for our clients
- Supporting the sourcing and evaluation of digital solutions to meet business requirements
- Developing robust business cases to evaluate options and unlock investment
- Transforming our clients Source to Pay process through implementing leading practice technologies, often managing multi-year, complex global programmes across large-scale organisations
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Own engagement management activities for digital Procurement engagements, including client relationship management, budget ownership and supporting team members to deliver outstanding outcomes for our clients
- Overall accountability for the delivery and quality of client deliverables
- Supervise and performance manage colleagues working on assigned engagements
- Manage resourcing requirements and financials across programmes, delivering engagements on time, to budget, and in accordance to risk management policies
- Develop strong relationships with senior client stakeholders (including up to Board level) and third-party partners
- Drive innovation and leading practice, providing subject matter expertise and strategic guidance to clients
- Identify development needs of the team and provide coaching, mentoring and stretch assignments to attract, develop and retain our most talented colleagues.
- Ensuring wellbeing matters are properly handled and resolved by demonstrating empathy and awareness
- Sales and Business Development
- Lead business development activities such as identification, proposal development, and other prospect activities; work with the appropriate company resources from other service lines/industries
- Collaborate with Partners and Directors to develop and convert pipeline sales opportunities into live engagements
- Support clients to deliver leading practice digital Procurement strategies and business cases to unlock investment
- Essential experience and skills
- Selling, leading and delivering large-scale, complex digital transformational programmes and drawing on diverse solutions to successfully resolve client issues.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with senior client stakeholders up to board level and evidence of an existing strong network of client relationships.
- A strong track record of client delivery, innovation and transformation using Cloud solutions, at large FTSE/blue chip organisations
- Recognised as an expert in digital Procurement, with ability to provide credible technical insight to clients. Deep knowledge of the sector, key client issues and market trends.
- Detailed knowledge of procurement processes – including sourcing, category management, contract management, Purchase to Pay (P2P), supplier risk management
- Leading business development activity (including proposals/RFPs), developing business cases, and selling new opportunities. Demonstrating perseverance and tenacity, and the ability to communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
- A track record of managing direct reports and / or project team – including working with onshore, offshore and third-party teams to deliver solutions
Development of thought leadership and participation in brand-building and brand-awareness exercises
If you feel you are a suitable candidate for this position please contact Jonathan Banjo