Our client is an International Regulatory Consulting firm. They are seeking a Senior Manager to join the Prudential Team
As one of the key disciplines within Financial Services Advisory, the Prudential team consists of three pillars: Banks, Investment Firms and Shared Services (other internal and external markets).
The team structure includes a clear identification of the different types of prudential service offerings and all regulatory thematic areas of expertise, which allows all team members to specialise as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) or become champions in specific services.
The team has been extremely successful in the last financial year and is expanding rapidly thanks to an increasing demand of prudential support from clients and the need for specialist skills to address the ever evolving regulatory environment.
A particular need has been identified in finding a strong Senior Manager to support the Banks’ pillar within the Prudential team.
You’ll be a Senior Manager with strong technical knowledge of all the relevant prudential regulation and strong experience/expertise in liquidity risk. Experience in market risk and Treasury would also be beneficial. You’ll also;
- Management of client projects independently at all stages including proposal, budgeting, client engagement, project planning, resourcing, client liaison, execution, quality assurance, financial management (e.g. billing), completion.
- Delivering high quality service in all types of projects including internal audit, advisory, skilled person reviews, due diligence work, training;
- Ensuring timely project completion by adherence to predetermined timeframes and effectively prioritising tasks and delegation.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and the wider Financial Services network.
- Creation and contribution to high quality thought leadership around various areas of Financial Services for written publications, training events, client seminars and conferences.
- Analysis of new regulation and legislation, identifying impact on target market and potential client offerings.
- Positively promote the Prudential team offering and contribute to the Firm’s strategy.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- At least 7 years of Financial services regulatory experience including Prudential Regulatory Reporting
- Hands-on experience of prudential requirements and regulatory framework for banks.
- Excellent understanding of the EU and UK financial services legislation, including the CRD.
- Sound knowledge of GENPRU and, ideally, IFPRU.
- Strong analytical skills including financial analysis and proficiency with the MS Office tools.
- Excellent report writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in liaising with clients and comfortable in dealing with senior management.
- Solid experience in liquidity risk and at, ideally, one of the following: market risk; ICAAP, ILAAP, Recovery Plan; stress-testing; or ESG risk.
- Detailed knowledge of COREP LCR/NSFR and PRA110 regulatory reporting
- Educated at least to A Level standard or equivalent. Desirable – Professional qualification (eg. ACA, CFA, CISI/CII);
- Excellent technical competence and quick learning skills, and ability to interpret complex regulatory requirements and convey practical and comprehensible advice in plain English;
- Able to use initiative, work unsupervised and comfortable in taking responsibility;
- Organised, able to cope with pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- Results oriented with commercial awareness and a focus on business development.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate for this position please contact Jonathan Banjo