Our client is a highly regarded UK wide Consultancy services firm
They are seeking an experienced Internal Auditor with an Insurance biased background to join the Audit Team,
You will join the team in providing comprehensive risk services through a suite of strategic, outsourcing, and industry-focused operational recommendations that help their clients around the world evaluate and enhance their internal audit and risk management functions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Securing and enhancing relationships with senior client management (including Heads of Internal Audit, Chief Executives and Audit Committee Chairs).
- Delivering audits and taking overall responsibility through wrap-up and final report delivery.
- Managing day-to-day client relationships and expectations by delivering value and providing knowledge and insight for improving their business.
- Ensuring client deliverables meet with internal Quality & Risk Management expectations.
- Maintaining active communication with both partners/directors and clients to manage expectations and ensure client satisfaction.
- Understanding our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients.
- Assisting partners/directors with generating new business opportunities and building client networks and relationships.
- Contributing to Thought Leadership articles published internally and externally.
- Contributing to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training FS Risk professionals
- Managing engagement economics and communicate significant issues, fees and estimates to complete to partners and clients.
- Leading reviews and oversee the work of others.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Strong academic record including at least a 2.1 classified degree or equivalent, a professional qualification would be advantageous
- You will have experience of working in Internal Audit, Risk and / or controls projects either as an auditor / advisor or within industry
- Good understanding of the insurance and investment management industry: Front Office – Investment process, portfolio management and broking;
- Middle Office – Distribution, client reporting and performance analytics;
- Back Office – Investment accounting, Clearing and settlement and Corporate actions
- Solid understanding and experience of process and controls in particular from performing internal audit reviews:
- Knowledge of process mapping and process analysis
- Internal audit, COSO, data analytics, computer assisted audit techniques (CAATs), continuous control monitoring (CCM), internal controls, financial reporting and financial crime.
- Significant experience within an insurance company or through serving relevant clients via a professional services firm
- Project management experience relating to risk projects in insurance firms
- Business consulting experience, with client liaison experience and strong commercial awareness
- Regulatory supervision – knowledge or experience of supervisors activity on risk management related matters
- Experience of risk assessment, mitigation and remediation
- Confident and credible communicator who displays both technical knowledge and commercial understanding.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate for this position please contact Jonathan Banjo