Our client is a highly regarded international Consultancy
They are seeking a very experienced ESG Regulatory Risk Manager to join the team
Our client is looking for a deep technical regulatory specialist in the area of ESG that has experience assessing the impact of upcoming political and regulatory initiatives on the wider financial services landscape and their clients. The individual will have experience in ESG topics and sector experience in Banking and/or Market Infrastructure.
As a regulatory specialist (SME) you will support and drive ESG regulation in line with the wider firm’s banking and customer-driven strategy. This will require close working with other member firms, in particular with the UK, to ensure the ESG team’s work is consistent with the firm’s objectives for growth and profitability. The key objectives of this role are to drive brand enhancement and business connectivity, e.g.:
Raise and broaden the firm’s external profile via:
- Market-leading Thought Leadership of the regulatory horizon
- Analysis of key pronouncements and proposals
- Monitoring and seeking to Influence the main regulatory debates
- Regulatory and commercial Insights
- Taking a Regional and Global view
Inform and support colleagues in:
- Initiating discussions with clients
- Broadening the way our clients see us
- Joining the dots between issues, practices and functions
- Spotting and developing commercial opportunities
- Providing informed delivery that is intelligent of the wider regulatory context
As a SME within the team your responsibilities will include:
- Market-leading Thought Leadership: monitor and provide insights on the regulatory horizon, with a focus on regional and global developments, which is cognisant of geo-political impacts and market wide developments, and sensitive to different national and regional landscapes; via publications, articles, media and conferences.
- Analysis of pronouncements and proposals: that is technically credible, demonstrates regulatory intelligence, spots the “tricks”, provides a Point of View, is timely, and is clearly communicated both internally and externally.
- Policymaker relationship-building and influence: communicate and meet with policymakers and regulators, know who matters when, gather information, offer insights, seek to shape the debate, challenge perceptions.
- Client and industry-facing: provide added-value collateral and communications with clients; develop and exploit industry contacts; support Function heads, CLPs and CST/sales teams; work with trade bodies and industry think tanks; gather market intelligence.
- Internal knowledge transfer: provide briefings, PowerPoint slides and face-to-face training on the emerging regulatory horizon and specific pronouncements; work across practices and functions as appropriate; develop/maintain relevant sectoral and cross-sectoral networks.
- Inform and support proposition development: identify potential commercial opportunities; work with relevant practices and functions on proposition development and handover for delivery; assist CLPs and Function heads in identifying pursuit targets and determining market awareness approach; assist with collateral development for client discussions; act as SME.
- Team player: provide input to ESG activities and cross-sectoral issues; share information and debate views; plug gaps where needed; act as PML/coach and develop more junior and newer members of the team.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Very well educated, with a minimum of 6 years risk Management experience and a minimum of 3 years ESG experience
- Excellent understanding of strategic ESG issues, FS regulatory developments, banking regulation in the UK and Europe
- Strong understanding of financial products
- Deep knowledge of new regulatory developments impacting banks and their business
- Strong ability to exploit or build network of contacts with regulators and policymakers; as well as to build internal network across the firm
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to produce written reports and regulatory content in the form of thought leadership (newsletters, articles, video, reports, etc.)
- Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
- Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of engagements.
- Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
- Risk management experience within a banking market infrastructure is advantageous
- Experience of regulation impacting banks
- Experience having worked at a regulator is a plus
If you feel you are a suitable candidate for this position please contact Jonathan Banjo