Our client is a City and London based Regulatory Consultancy Due to continued expansion they are seeking to employ and experienced regulatory consultant with mainly ‘Buy-Side’ client exposure, although some SEC work will also be undertaken.
Duties and responsibilities will include;
- Managing your own clients
- Undertaking regular scheduled visits to clients – for updates, compliance reviews, occasional Board meetings etc.
- Creating regular monitoring reports and other reports/reviews.
- Providing advice and support to clients on an ad hoc basis including keeping clients advised of any compliance updates.
- Creation of bespoke presentations for clients and providing training on specific subjects where needed.
- Planning and pulling together FCA applications – this will include writing business plans, compliance monitoring programmes, answering FCA queries and a degree of admin.
- Supporting clients through FCA visits where necessary.
- Ad hoc project work – GAP analyses etc.
- Occasional SEC work.
- Attending work events to market Portman services.
- Cover client queries when colleagues absent.
- Managing Junior Consultants and assisting them with more complex client queries.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Well educated to degree level, additional industry qualifications preferred
- Minimum3-5 years Asset Management regulatory consulting experience
- You may have also worked in-house with a highly regarded Asset Manager in a generalist role
- Or worked with a regulator
- Should be able to manager junior member of staff
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, familiar with client facing assignments
If you feel you are a suitable candidate for this position please contact Jonathan Banjo