Our client is a London based Regulatory consultancy providing Risk, Regulatory and Consultancy advice to a variety of different financial services clients
You’ll be a Manager with experience in prudential regulatory matters with investment firms, with a strong technical knowledge in prudential legislation and extensive expertise in ICAAP, ILAAP, RRP, capital adequacy calculations, risk management, risk assessment and quantification, prudential consolidation, financial regulatory reporting.
- Management of client projects independently at all stages including proposal, budgeting, client engagement, project planning, resourcing, client liaison, execution, quality assurance and completion.
- Delivering high quality service in all types of projects including internal audit, advisory, skilled person reviews, due diligence work, training;
- Ensuring timely project completion by adherence to predetermined timeframes and effectively prioritising tasks and delegation.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients
- Creation and contribution to high quality thought leadership around various areas of Financial Services for written publications, training events, client seminars and conferences.
- Analysis of new regulation and legislation, identifying impact on target market and potential client offerings.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Full familiarity with investment firms’ business models, and hands on experience of prudential requirements and regulatory framework of investment firms.
- Excellent understanding of EU and UK financial services legislation including MiFID II, AIFMD, UCITS Directive, CRD III, CRD IV, FSMA, Companies Act, IFR;
- Excellent grasp of the FCA Handbook and sound knowledge of GENPRU, BIPRU, IFPRU, IPRU(INV), CASS, SUP and specialist sourcebooks (eg. FUND);
- Strong analytical skills including financial analysis and proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent report writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in liaising with clients and comfortable in dealing with senior management.
- Good knowledge of COREP, FINREP, PRA and FCA regulatory reporting rules and guidance.
- Solid experience in preparing financial projections and capital adequacy calculations, developing risk management frameworks, drafting/reviewing ICAAP, ILAAP, RRP, Liquidity policy, wind-down plan, stress testing, prudential consolidation analysis;
- Educated at least to A Level standard or equivalent;
- Desirable – Professional qualification (eg. ACA, CFA, CISI/CII);
- Experience of supervising junior staff and developing team members;
- Excellent technical competence and quick learning skills, and ability to interpret complex regulatory requirements and convey practical and comprehensible advice in plain EnglishAble to use initiative, work unsupervised and comfortable in taking responsibility;
- Organised and able to meet strict deadlines;
- Results oriented with commercial awareness and a focus on business
If you feel you are a suitable candidate for this position please contact Jonathan Banjo