Our client is a highly regarded and International Financial Services Consultancy. They are seeking to employ an Internal Auditor that has strong knowledge of the Banking and Capital Market sector. Ideally, you will have experience of working in assurance, risk and/or controls projects either as an internal auditor/advisor at a professional services firm and/or within an Internal Audit function within industry.
Main Purpose of the role
You will be expected to secure and enhance relationships with senior client management (including Heads of Internal Audit and Audit Committee Chairs).
You will manage day to day client relationships whilst delivering value to the client by providing insightful knowledge into business improvement.
You will be seen as a trusted advisor to Partners and Directors, identifying new business opportunities and building upon existing client networks.
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential – and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you’ll have every opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your entire career.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- You will be a qualified Accountant or Internal Auditor ACA, ACCA, CIA qualified or equivalent
- You have at least 3 to 5 years’ experience within Internal Audit with knowledge of Banking and Capital Markets
- A track record with a blue-chip company in the Financial Services industry or professional services firm would be preferable
- Desire to build / develop a career in assisting Banking & Capital Markets clients with controls assessments / improvements, including the provision of either a formal (assurance) or informal (findings & recommendations) opinion.
- Ability to lead teams and deliver our solutions to meet client needs, preferably demonstrated in a professional services environment.
- Intellectual rigor / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered.
- Ability to operate with stakeholders / manage projects which potentially span all functions within client organisations.
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work and lead under pressure.
- Experience of internal audit and internal controls (including Sarbanes Oxley)
- Practical experience of regulatory topics including Prudential Reporting, Structural Reform; new internal audit innovation; and/or Business audit skills
If you feel you are a suitable candidate for this position please contact Jonathan Banjo