Our client is a London based Regulatory consultancy providing Risk, Regulatory and Consultancy advice to a variety of different financial services clients. They are seeking to employ a Compliance Consultant to join the Financial Services Practice
Duties will include
Responsibility for leading multiple Section 166, regulatory advisory and internal audit assignments focused on corporate governance, risk management and conduct risk on assignments of high complexity and variety in line with company defined methodologies and on behalf of clients
Build excellent relationships with a portfolio of clients and drive marketing and business development projects
You’ll also support Senior Managers, Directors and Partners with work, build excellent client relationships and be responsible for dealing with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You’ll also;
- Responsibility for leading and delivering governance, risk management and conduct risk related assignments of high complexity and variety in line with defined methodologies
- Support Senior Managers, Directors and Partners with work, build excellent client relationships and drive marketing and business development projects
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with new clients, and inform the Partner as appropriate.
- Identifies risks on client engagements to the firm
- Provide on the job training and guidance to junior colleagues, ensuring that a variety of challenging work is provided to aid retention and career development
The successful candidate will have the following:
Strong academic background, ideally to degree level or equivalent and other professional qualifications
Minimum of 5 years of relevant financial services or consulting experience or may also have worked with a Regulator
Functional knowledge of the UK Financial Services regulatory environment (FCA and PRA) Awareness of compliance, legislative and market issues relevant to client businesses.
Strong reporting writing and presentation skills of current economic and market trends.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
Knowledge of the specific regulatory requirements applicable to the insurance sector would be an advantage.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate for this position please contact Jonathan Banjo