Our client in an International Regulatory Consulting firm. They are seeking an experienced Financial/Economic Crime Senior Manager to work within the Financial Crime Practice
The Advisory Practice provides a wide variety of services to clients that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. The Practice has an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The Practice works across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world’s most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
Your key responsibility
As a Manager within the Economic Crime Advisory team, where your key responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of client engagements across portfolio of financial services firms, from large international banks to emerging e-money institutions. In addition, you will play a key role in assisting our partners and directors to further develop our Economic Crime Advisory team and service offering. This will include understanding and realising opportunities in the market, to continue the team’s growth and goals.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with all clients and colleagues
- Assist in business development opportunities, including developing quality proposals and supporting pitches
- Management of financial crime reviews from planning to preparation of reports
- Coaching and oversight of fieldwork team and review of working papers and reports
- Ensure the efficient and effective delivery of a number of concurrent assignments
- Assist with engagement administration including preparation of engagement letters and client take on
The successful candidate will have the following:
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years AML/Financial crime experienced, having worked for a Top Tier Bank and preferably a Regulatory Consulting firm
You will also have ;
Significant relevant financial crime and financial services experience.
- Strong academic background, ideally to degree level or equivalent.
- Good report writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Financial Crime professional qualification preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of Regulator commissioned (including Section 166 Skilled Person Reviews) reports
- Functional knowledge of the UK and European financial crime regulatory environment (with knowledge of the global environment an advantage)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Experience of working with Regulatory bodies such as the FCA, Gambling Commission and/or HMRC
- Demonstrable experience in leading financial crime reviews and reporting to regulatory authorities
- Sound technical knowledge of financial products and / or customer-facing regulated activities
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to take the lead on discrete initiatives under minimal supervision
If you feel you are a suitable candidate for this position please contact Jonathan Banjo