Our client is highly regarded International Financial Services Consulting Firm
They are seeking to hire a very experienced Data Management Consultant at Director Level to join the Financial Services Data Team which focuses on enabling Financial Services clients to optimise the use of their data to deliver on their business strategy.
As a Director you will be working with a broad range of top tier clients. You will be expected to be an SME with a proven track record of advising clients, selling work, and delivering large projects across data strategy, solution design and implementation. You will be expected not only to dive into the technical details but also to be able to translate these into business terms to solve client issues.
You will also be expected to generate significant annual revenue through both origination and delivery.
The team is in a growth phase. You will be responsible for building and developing the teams in data architecture, data management and data migration to grow our client’s capability with a clear financial services market lens.
To excel in this role, you must be able to fully grasp the complexity of the Financial Services sector. You will understand the importance of data and insights in the marketplace currently and why it is critical for our current and potential clients to get this right.
Our client is seeking to speak with applicants with high energy who can cover a vast range of data work, inspire change, and make an impact within the team and client organisation. Whilst prior consulting experience is not essential, our client is seeking individuals that can demonstrate the required core consulting skills and financial services business acumen. For example:
- Acting as a data management, data architect or data migration SME on large data and technology transformation programmes
- Leading large programmes of 20+ people managing delivery, resources, budget, risks, and issues.
- In-depth current sector experience across Financial Services (Banking, Asset and Wealth Management, Capital Markets, or Insurance)
- Knowledge of key business drivers, market trends and key regulations in the industry
- A proven track record of working with stakeholders to assess scope of work, developing business cases for data change, and delivering benefits by leveraging industry insights.
- The ability to build constructive working relationships both within the business (across different teams, functions and countries at all levels), as well as build lasting client relationships with senior stakeholders and a network and range of experience to help address client needs.
- Have a keen interest in future technology and data trends and use these to develop and drive market propositions/capability.
- Lead end to end sales lifecycles, proposal development and experience identifying profitable opportunities selling-on in existing Client engagements.
- Make a significant contribution in developing a market proposition/capability and wider practice contribution.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Specifically, you will have strong data SME experience in several the following;
- Strong leadership experience within data management and governance. For example, you may have previously held a position as a business owner for Data management and governance at an organisation or led the development of best practice.
- Capturing data requirements for large scale transformation programmes, through working with a broad range of stakeholders, running senior workshops and managing hybrid teams.
- Extensive experience in defining, designing, and implementing policies, standards, guidelines, tools, metrics and standards for data management and governance frameworks.
- Experience designing suitable data and analytic operating models across centralised and federated approaches.
- Experience with data management / governance technologies, such as Collibra, Informatica, Tibco, Trillium etc.
- Extensive experience in defining and implementing data & analytic strategies.
- Experience in designing and developing customer digital platforms and underlying data architectures including modern architecture such as event streaming, APIs, graph, Cloud etc.
- Experience in designing data lakes and operational and analytical customer centric solutions.
- Experience is large scale cloud migrations across core platforms.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate for this position please contact Jonathan Banjo